View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 04:07 PM   #58
Krinkov
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Krinkov will become famous soon enoughKrinkov will become famous soon enoughKrinkov will become famous soon enoughKrinkov will become famous soon enoughKrinkov will become famous soon enough
Okay UPDATE!!

Man this swap just keeps getting easier!

Picked up another set of STI Brembos yesterday, and it looks like our best route will be to use the EVO front rotors instead of the 05+ STIs(5X114) the STIs use a smaller center hub opening that wont fit whereas the EVO is spot on, so we'll stick with plan A. Heres what the EVO rotors look like with the STI Brembos, oooooooooohh!

Brembo F50 calipers are truely MASSIVE, much larger that what in hand than what you can see of the sides of them poking through the spokes of a wheel.

Now about the easy (*fairly*) easy part I mentioned, looks like the brackets are going to be simple to fab up, matter of fact thay can be made yourself if you have a quality drill press and drill vise, no machining necisary! Most big brake kits have brackets shaped like kind of like an "S" since the new caliper and has be moved up and backward(inwards) to bolt to the stock caliper volt holes. In our case with these Brembos and EVO rotors, the Brembos sit a good .6" outwards ofthe stock bolt hols, on top of that, the stock bolt spacing(4") and the brembo bolt spacing(6") are far enough apart that we can make the bracket on a single-plane bracket, instead of a dual-plane bracket which requires much more design and machining, see here

heres a quickie MS paint diagram of what the single-plane bracket will look like, not to scale obviously but the measurements are correct, Im going to fab one out of aluminum tonite to get everything where I want it then I will make mine out of mild steel. I know alot of the brake companies use 6061 AL with no probs but mild steel gives you that much more insurance, and its not that much harder to work with. Okay I'll post mor eas it progresses!

Krinkov is offline   Reply With Quote