View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 11:23 PM   #32
golfer17
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
golfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nicegolfer17 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to golfer17
i had a bad experience with phase2 when buying my front clip, basically, i know now never to buy anything such as a front clip of a car until i see it first. ive taken so long upgrading all the junk parts and replacing things, i still havent got it running. i understand that maintenance is usually required and they dont guarantee the accessories, but the clip i got had an engine that was probably junked and then they slapped enough random stock parts back on it that it would idle so they could ship it over here to sell. the cams were scored, the pickup tube bent as well as the oil pan, it had a custom afpr bracket with no afpr, egt sensor in the exhaust mani, a turbo that most likely has nothing to do with the car, bent ic piping, a damaged ic, the block looked like it had been attacked by seawater, there was signs everywhere of stuff being pulled off and replaced (different bolts, etc.), a big hole for an fmic, etc. and none of this was revealed or able to be seen in the pictures they sent (3 were of the clutch pedal, wth?). i could have got a clip in this condition much cheaper from anywhere else.

so anyways, moral of the story is, get a motorset, and dont immediately trust any internet companies just because they have a good reputation, especially when buying used parts.