View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 07:43 AM   #33
Sean1978
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Sean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of lightSean1978 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Sean1978
I ditched my Skyline in Japan after researching this stuff for 2 years. Here's the lowdown, it's not really "federally" legal to bring in a JDM S13 at all, there's a bunch of legal BS I really don't feel like getting into. You might be able to swindle it past your local DMV because they somtimes don't know / don't care about the federal crap.

what would I do? if I had a JDM S!3 that I wanted legal? simple, I'd buy a completley trashed USDM 240SX and do a VIN swap. I'd think it would be pretty easy to pull this off in most states (excluding California of course)

I made a plan that if I ever went back to Japan in the Marines that I would take a trashed S13 with me and do a "trade" for a Japanese car with some dude in Japan as well as a vin swap. I'd be happy with my stock factory SR20 power ride and some Japanese dude would be happy with a USDM TyTe LHD 2.4 liter 240sx....

also...

don't pay ANYONE to "legalise" your car, it's npt going to really be legal and you are just paying someone else to circumvent the law for you. I'd be wary of anyone who claims to legalise JDM cars for large wads of cash...