Thread: R&D factory
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 12:15 AM   #14
redsuns3838
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
redsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to redsuns3838
well i had a bad experience with my wiring on my S14 and it ran off three cylinders and wiring harness was ghetto as fuck. timing was way off..

so i drove it to R&D factory, sat there for 3-4 hours while they trouble shot the car, they being edward and ken, finally they timed it, it didnt work, timed it again (the proper way both times) but pull out the CAS and adjust it, put it back in. everything has worked since. they charged me like 2 hrs of labor rate.

then i told them i wanted a S14 wiring harness redone since mine was crap, they used a harness they had laying around at the shop, pre wired it (by ken) 2 days later i drove up there, swapped it out, everything ran great.

they never asked for cash upfront from me. only after they had fixed what they promised.
im sorry that you had a bad experience with them. and im not calling you a liar either. just posting my opinion of R & D factory. they were nice to me, reasonable prices, and never mentioned money until everything was done and i handed it over to them.
this was all a while ago tho, who knows? maybe edwards changed? i dunno.

Ken is the wiring guy, he does a great job...i dont know if hes still working there tho, anyone know?

also i came up one day cuz i was running lean and edward checked out some stuff on the car , gave me some advice, took about an hour or so. didnt charge me a cent. so he seemed pretty nice to me.
thats too bad theres so many ppl who had bad experiences though.
redsuns3838 is offline   Reply With Quote