View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 12:08 PM   #29
240shorty
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
240shorty is on a distinguished road
See, now that phrase sounds bad. I don't know if it is a good choice. All I am trying to say is that there is a small ammount of 'slop' in my drivetrain somewhere. Let's say I'm cruising around town gently shifting through the gears. When I let of the gas to upshift there is no load on the drivetrain. I upshift and release the clutch. Upon release, there is load put back on the drivetrain. Somewhere in the drivetrain it feels like there is a certain ammount of give between mechanical components. So it will give a little 'clunk' as (or slightly after) the clutch engages the flywheel. It comes after the clutch release, with a momentary delay.

It is not the clutch that makes the 'clunk'. This much I can tell. You can also eliminate it by consciously releasing the clutch more gently. For this reason, I suggest it might be un-noticable with a normal street disk. The source of the give in the drivetrain could very well be my tranny, the rear, or maybe a faulty joint in the rear axles. I cannot say for certain. It could even be bushing related.

I could not give a complete review without including it though, as it may very well come from the rear. That is when I noticed it, so that's where I'd tend to attribute it.

I've gotta get to work, but hopefully this explanation helps to describe it better.

-Steve
240shorty is offline   Reply With Quote