View Single Post
Old 05-18-2023, 02:38 PM   #2
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Sup dude

I'm not a huge fan of the pieces that take the place of the stock filter and use the oil filter threads then going to AN fittings. But I would probably choose the Parts Shop Max one if I had to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post

1. Is there a kit that you guys know of that will literally just relocate the oem filter, and NOT change the thread spec? Not off the top of my head, but what does it matter, just buy filters spec'd by the relocation piece.

2. Is there a kit that I SHOULD use because it is inherently better to change to XYZ filter? Example would be the Circuit sports kit using the Frontier oil filter "PN 15208-65F0E fits the best. $7 oem oil filter for the 2019 frontier" An oil filter is an oil filter, so not sure it matters. Pick the one that looks coolest to you if it's going to be in a more conspicuous place.

3. Do you guys know a part that would replace the adapter that the relocated oil filter threads onto? Essentially it would be a circuit sports kit, but just used with a different piece that retains the 3/4-16 thread spec on the filter.

Kind of like this piece
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/e...YaAh-BEALw_wcB

What I imagine you mean by this is something similar to the Tomei N2 oil blocks for SR. This is my preferred method - replacing the whole oil block. V8Schassis (ironic company name) makes/made one of these, and if I was serious about a KA it's what I would use, paired with a Grex thermostatic oil filter relocation and an oil cooler. Says out of stock, I think the guy does runs only a few times a year at most. Sucks that it's 12AN but you can make do. Any brand (like the MAX one) remote oil filter base could then work.

https://www.v8schassis.com/products/...14655949406243
Clear as mud, I know. But I'm assuming you are not trying to also pair it with an oil cooler? Simplest route is the MAX unit. Says it fits KA and threads where your stock filter goes, and has provisions for sensors. Make appropriate length 10AN lines and buy the filter they spec in the description.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote