View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 05:15 PM   #54
knate
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
knate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really niceknate is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post
I've been following all these posts and videos! This is great! I went to a chump car race once at PIR a few years back when my brother in law and his team were out there. What a racket!
Gotta have a solid car out there to compete w/o breaking down! Congrats on the wins and just finishing the races!
Thanks Nick, I appreciate you following along and commenting! What team was your brother there with?

Being able to finish a race is a big thing, there is usually about 15-20% attrition per race.

Parts will fail in racing that may not fail in a street car ever. For example I've been messing with 240SXes since 2003, and I had never had an ECU fail. Our first race weekend out with our car.. ECU failed. And in a weird way, it ran but didn't want to rev properly like exhaust was plugged or something, which really threw us for a loop.

In general though, if you maintain the car properly these Nissans can take SO much abuse and just keep ticking..
knate is offline   Reply With Quote