View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 11:04 PM   #30
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
i had a 190e 16valve cosworth, pretty dam rare.. future classic

http://www.motivemag.com/pub/feature...E_2_3-16.shtml

I traded my sr20 s13 for it =p.. my190e was a eurospec with the rated 185hp high comp motor.. Just grew tired of it becuase it was too precious, I felt bad whenever I would want to mod or change something.. Car was mad clean though, id like to say less then 500 probably still on the road in teh US..

Traded it for a FC.. tons of FCs, yet you dont always see them on occasion like you see S13 every day.. But RX7 is already in history books... I got a few classic car books (just got another hardback on christmas) and it had the rx7 in it, and even a little brief info on teh fc and fd, esp for Mazda being the main pusher of the rotary engine. I figure mine like this, its a hot rod.. japanese hot rod..

Whoever said 240z aint worth much, your wrong,.. prestine perfect condition 240z go for alot!!$$$$ but the lower the production number, the better. 260z and 280z aint worth as much.

Ive seen a mk2 supra on craigslist that was in prestine condition, and the guy was asking 15k for it! now for me its hard to believe that car would be worth it..
Tastefully modded cars might be worth something later down the road? I dont know, mods usually just reflect the trend of its era.
its gonna take like 30 -40 years til our cars are unique.. and by the way we drive them now, they will have like a million miles on em lol
Japanese cars are soo mass produced.. once you have a rare car , and go back to japanese cars, you kinda miss having something unique.

Yah ok i can see how maybe later down the road that 240sx, 300zx, 350z, ae86 and other cars might become interesting later, seeing how they became a cult classic esp right now.. it all depends on the times of our era. Example- Starion isnt that popular yet it is more rare, yet there was nothing that could have made it unpopular, its just no one really liked it as an old car.