View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 09:40 AM   #4
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
The metal golden plate?

It holds the starter in place, no? I seem to recall having to take my trans back off because I forgot the plate for some reason.

That said, you REALLY SHOULD have the spacer because of the distance it puts between the input shaft of the transmission and the crankshaft. There is a very precise distance for these parts which should NOT be fucked with. excuse my language
Just imagine when you step on the clutch pedal and the whole fork mechanism moving forwards is missing just that 1/16" Or whatever, could be a serious problem. The flywheel and pressure plate and all of that is part of the engine so its in the same spot but now you've moved the transmission input shaft and body closer.... precise distances as those should be maintained at all costs.. those forces involved are lever arms and the throwout bearing thrust face can go from apply flat to apply crooked and now you've got a throwout bearing problem that you can't solve and every 800 miles it starts to make noise and for no reason begins to fall apart .... Geometry is everything in there
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote