View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 06:53 PM   #65
ESCAPE!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ESCAPE! is making a name for him/her selfESCAPE! is making a name for him/her self
Sent my other set of turbos (T28s with N1 steel internals and upgraded bearings) to Chris to have them looked over and balanced for peace of mind. They were in good shape / assembled pretty well but he still fixed a couple things on them so it was 100% worth it.

Front turbo post assembly with braided oil / water lines and BNR34 elbow

I didnt really take many pictures while installing these because i was mostly just wanting to get it done... So here they are all installed

Also picked up a SARD oil catch can to run with the R31 covers as well as a few hundred dollars in AN fittings and braided hose. Hoping to weld all that up at a friends place this weekend as well as some other misc welding that needs to be done to fit the ARC airbox

Finally acquired what will be one of the key parts to my car, AB flug flush mount headlights (thanks to John for notifying me when these came up!)

Theyre definitely not in amazing shape but ive been working on cleaning them up. Someone decided to install HIDs with a bunch of silicone and toss part of the H3 bulb socket so ive ordered some other IPF lights which share the same sockets. Installed new springs on the light mounts as the old ones were rusted, repainted housings etc etc. Will also be making new lenses as these are old and cracking

One problem that came along with the flush mount headlights was that my current twin blitz blow off valve setup will no longer fit. I picked up this ARC pipe / blow off valve setup hoping i would be able to fit it with my piping but im going to have to weld a flange onto one of my existing pipes by the looks of it

Made some new covers for the AB flug lights as the old ones were quite cracked. Painted black borders on the insides with tamiya TS paint

Installed:

Finished up the R31 covers finally, plugs welded into the old breather ports and - 12 AN fittings welded on at the back of the covers. Also filled the missing fins (where the RB20 crossover pipe went) in with weld

Heres one of the filled breathers after grinding and sanding

Post blasting...

Theyre currently at the powdercoating place.. I'm pretty nervous about the powdercoat turning out the way i want it, ive got a lot of time into these

Finished up all the lines and fittings for the catch can setup. Welded fittings onto the catch can and blocked off the old holes, welded fitting onto my intake pipe..

Waiting on line separators to hold the lines in place (zipties are temporary of course..)

SARD catch can with fittings

Ran into a couple problems fitting the ARC airbox. First being that the vacuum port on my intercooler pipe didnt clear the box, which just required blocking off that port and welding a bung on the other side of the pipe. Secondly the intake pipe for the rear turbo came to far forward to line up with the MAF sensor

After being welded i ground down the welds and re polished it. Not perfect since i had hardly any aluminum polish left but as a whole it came out great

Played with some wheel options. I still dont know what wheels i want to run..

Picked up this Abbey Road Company Titanium strut bar, going to require some modification and new mounting plates to fit but i will have the only S13 ARC tower bar when its done, so that will be cool!