View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 04:57 PM   #23172
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostnBabe View Post
Okay so let me try this again, I have a SR20DET that ran perfectly fine. I took it out and placed it into my new shell and after hooking shit up I started it, ran fine! Took the motor out to paint and then after putting engine back in car runs like shit! Checked my ECU and it was fried on injectors. got a new ECU, had my chip swapped over but car is dumpin too much fuel. my fuel pump is on a switch and yes my fuel pump comes on when I hit the switch. but when I turn the pump on car wont start. when I turn the pump off car starts but runs rough. I have a SAFC2 that I have had with this engine for about 10 years. safc2 comes on but adjusting settings doesn't change how car runs if that makes any sense. I have no idea what to do!
1: remove the SAFC. Get a enthalpy or JWT ecu, tuned for your setup
2: check all grounds. Make sure you're getting good connection to bare metal, esp if you just painted the bay.
3: do you have a fuel pressure gauge to verify pressure at the rail?
4: pull the spark plugs, unplug the cas and fuel pump and injectors and let the engine dry out. i have a hunch the intake manifold is full of fuel or the cylinders have been washed down. have you changed the oil recently? did it come out stinking like gasoline?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote