View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 08:24 PM   #57
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
Quote:
No it's a z and 240 forum both of which I currently own and are project cars.
Dont get technical, the majority of members own 240s, same thing. But thats irrelevant

Quote:
Why are we talking about a gtr then. lol
It's in the Nissan news section and it's in the title.

Quote:
I brought up the evo because like I said that is the car I choose over the others in that price and performance range. One being the gt-r. To be honest I think a built evo is probably the best car to compare the new gt-r to.
Remember it's a Nissan 240sx and Z forum(apparently), so praising a Evo is getting you no where. I like Evos too, dont get me wrong, but i see the GTR in a whole other league. So comparing them makes no sense to me.

Quote:
What other AWD car would you compare the gt-r to in this price range?
Who said it had to be compared to an AWD in its price range? I think if people are comparing it to something like the 911, then that shows something about the car regardless of price.

Quote:
I never said anything about doing any of that. My car will be road legal, with full interior, abs, air bags, and no cage. It's been documented that you can still get the car down to 3000lbs.
You can go ahead and do that, then show us how comfortable/luxurious it will be compared to the GTR.

Quote:
I will NOT be towing this to the track. I did that for years and that is why I went with a 4 door that can carry the entire family to the track. Can you do that in the gt-r????
Who said any of us needed to bring a family to the track? You're getting off topic here.

Quote:
I have driven in evo's with the ohlin flag coilovers and you can set them to ride like a bmw. I am not exagerating either. Expensive but worth every penny.
Other suspension components also contribute to ride quality and $4000 coilovers isnt going to be enough to keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
http://2009gtr.blogspot.com/2007/10/...-in-japan.html

* Schedule Point Check Maintenance: 5,000 JPY ($43 USD) - undertray multi point check
* Car Inspection: 200,000 JPY ($1727 USD)
* Oil Change: 25,000 JPY ($216 USD) - 100% synthetic oil
* Oil + Oil Element Change: 29,000 JPY ($250 USD) - include oil cooler service + undertray multi point check
* Transmission & Differential Oil Change: 100,000 JPY ($864 USD) - include undertray multi point check
* Brake Pad Change (all 4): 400,000 JPY ($3500 USD) - pad change + rotor service
* Tire Change (all 4): 460,000 JPY ($4000 USD) - specially developed 20" run flat tires

Um who here is really going to take their car to the dealership to get serviced?

You didnt address my point on the power of the evo. I know power doesnt matter much on the track, but im pretty sure stock trim is not going to cut it against a GTR(negating difference in driver skill/experience). Is it really going to be able to take the extra heat with the upgraded components? Can you really still use the AC with the extra heat? How reliable is the car going to be with all the upgrades? Can it last 100,000+ miles without shooting a piston out the side of the block?
I doubt a stock Evo can even finish a lap on the Nur without burning through its clutch, but that's probably Mitsubishi's fault. That still tells a bit of the engineering that has gone into the car.....

Again my point is, the car should be balanced and can you truly achieve that balance that the GTR has with an Evo? Nissan spent years and millions trying to do it and IMO, they got pretty dam close, so IMO it is worth $68,000. Now thinking you can take a rolling Evo shell with 60k and replicate what Nissan did, then you're a little overly optimistic dont you think?