View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 11:00 AM   #6
HellaSlowAndOld
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
HellaSlowAndOld is making a name for him/her selfHellaSlowAndOld is making a name for him/her selfHellaSlowAndOld is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
The R33 and C34 use the same strap, too, I'd think. If I had to guess there just aren't as many English speakers driving those cars, and I also don't know if the JDM cars would trip a fault for a small evap leak. I just googled "R33 fuel tank leak" and got tons of results from Australia complaining of leaky tanks.

Has anyone tried to use an S15, R34 GT-T, C35 tank? The dimensions and evap fittings look the same, the only difference I've read about so far is that you may need to use an S15/R34/C35 pump/bracket/hanger assembly. Not sure if that tank is still available new and even if so likely just a temp solution until that tank becomes rare too, but who knows, maybe they improved the part.

Edit: nope, it's literally the exact same 17202-15U00 as the US S14 OBD2 cars in the S15/ER34/C35, haha. Welp.
when i googled r33 tanks, i also see a bunch of results, but non pertaining too cracked tank itself. A few threads about tanks splitting at the seams but no cracked, but i am kinda retarded (alex jones here) so I might be looking in the wrong spots

using google translate, i also googled "日産 ローレル C34 燃料タンク割れ" and "日産 スカイライン R33 燃料タンク割れ" I understand that Japanese have different dialects, so google might be giving me the wrong wording. but still nothing really popped out. s15 tanks seem to also be cracking at the seams. ill look more into it a little later
HellaSlowAndOld is offline   Reply With Quote