View Single Post
Old 12-23-2004, 03:59 AM   #2
kuramaya
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
kuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfection
Fuel Pressure Regulator and Gauge:

Not much to write on this, pretty much in and out, but I will cover a few pointers:

This is the old FPR, set to stock settings at 3 Bar:

You will have to take out the Fuel line from the Filter to the Fuel Rail, and the Fuel Line that returns to the Fuel Pump from the old FPR. Again a pointer is to use all new line. These lines are on pretty tight, infact I had to cut the lines that went to the Fuel Rail. Also since I was installing a Fuel Pressure Gauge as well, remember you will need more clamps than you had before, I had to go to the store and buy 2 more.

Once all the lines are off, and all the gas spilled everywhere and you weren’t smoking, you can disconnect the vacuum line on the old FPR and take off the (2) bolts that hold it in. I saved the old one for the heck of it. E B A Y!

For the Fuel Pressure gauge, your fittings may be quite large compared to the Line. In my case they were and I had to run hot water over the line for 10 minutes to get it soft enough to fit over the fittings.. Here is a PIC after I had them on, remember those new clamps? Well here is where I figured out that I didn’t have enough:

Also put some Kevlar tape on the threads of the Guage to make a vacuum seal like this:

Now back to the FPR, pretty easy just use the (2) bolts to re attach in the old placement spot. Then connect the fuel lines back up to the filter, FPR, and Fuel rail. You’re done.
Make sure that if you do not have a good short-term memory, that you take a picture of the old lines to make sure you have them right.

Here is a final PIC

Late
Daryl