View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 10:41 AM   #77
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
alex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatbrokethistime View Post
Will the J30 bolt up to an RB25/RB26 compressor bracket? My NEO is an r34 RB25. Running a griffin radiator And dual pushers which i probably have to mount to the condenser now right? Will blow through both.

Also, does this come with a smaller receiver / drier? Do the lines run from the compressor through the front hardline and through condenser and out the passenger frame rail up to the firewall?

My interior is completely gutted so I'll probably end up doing some 90 degree fittings inside the firewall and making something custom.
Yes sir J30 compressor bolts to RB bracket. Which Griffin rad are you running? Yes fans would have to mount to the front of the condenser and/or the back of the rad. I know that with a stock upper rad support there's no room to run two fans on the back of the rad which is why I am trying to get a tucked rad/condenser combo setup happening ASAP.

The drier is integrated into the condenser, which is honestly one of my favorite features of the kit. It was much harder to make the mounting brackets but the cleanliness of an integrated drier was worth it for sure. The high pressure line runs out of the condenser and 180s to run underneath it. it then pairs with the other low press hose and they route together along the pass side frame rail. I did it this way rather than behind the engine because I wanted it to be as clean and undetectable as it could be, meanwhile still allowing for as many turbo kit options as possible (given the compressor space is there)

Regarding your interior, there are a few options out there if you are looking to run an aftermarket evaporator/heater core unit. Vintage Air out of Arizona has some really cool stuff, and although it's pricey, it allows you to save a ton of space under the dash. I am running one in my turbo truck build and with the different options for hose routing, you won't be able to see any lines in my engine bay, aside from the compressor where they need to hook up. Of course if you were to run one of these setups, the hoses included in my kit wouldnt need to have the OEM fitting adapters.