View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 05:40 PM   #659
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Anyone in here who purchased a home in the past two years have any regrets or advise?
I'm still hunting for a house as a first time buyer, but beyond the specs of the house [ 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bath, 2000+ above grade square footage + basement, 0.50 acre min, 2 car garage ] what else should I keep an eye out for?
I have a big excel file full of requirements [ no easements, minimum distance between neighboring houses, school districts, ambient noise levels, etc ]. I'm looking for some dad level advice.
Look for roots around base of house, trees, rot, look for solid foundation and little to no cracks. Check the roof line, look for where the nearest fire hydrant is (can help on insurance costs if it is closer). Check utilities in the area (some places are astronomically more than the next town over).

Look at the home at all hours of the day...you do NOT want to have shitty neighbors that blast crap music at 3 am, 2pm and all times in between.

I always do sexual offender checks within the area (though I have 2 kids so this is something important to me).

I thought I bought far enough out of the city...I am still considered apart of the town I live in, but "outside city limits" which is SO nice in so many ways...but everyone is developing around me....guess I should have bought in the middle of a forest.

If you live where it snows...find out how they maintain the streets where you are at. Where I am, some areas are maintained better.

Also, never hurts to go talk to the neighbors and get first hand opinion of the area you are looking at and any potential issues.

Also, interest rates suck ass right now, sadly.

Also, look into programs for first time buyers. A lot of states and cities have them, most realtors can guide ya in navigating them.

On that note, get a good realtor...not a dirtbag that is just wanting a quick $$ and closing no matter the cost.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote