View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 01:11 PM   #94
canadians14sr20det

Trader Rating: (0)
canadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I may be interested in buying one of these mounts from you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.nismo. View Post
Same if I have issues with my setup as well. I'm using the gk mount so we'll see

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk
I won't be building and selling these as I don't want the headache that goes with all that. I will however provide the plans for whatever I build so anyone else can replicate it, or at least have a fabricator build it for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Have you given thought to trying other mounts? Such as but limited to Nismo, energy suspension, etc? It would be interesting to see this comparison.
I have already done this. I've tried:
- OEM s14 mount
- OEM s14 nismo mount
- OEM 350z mount
- OEM 370z mount
- Generic energy suspension bushing

The 350z mount with the damper bolt was the best, but only marginally better than an OEM s14 mount. Frankly none work well as they are all not designed to work in this application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
This is very interesting as I have been trying to figure out a resonance vibration on my KA for years. Contrary to your experiences, the vibration in my car is felt anytime the engine is revving around 2200 rpms (free-rev clutch in/out or driving in any gear) which means the source is the engine itself. Replacing the harder Nismo engine mounts with softer, liquid-filled motor mounts perhaps off an older BMW 5 series is what I'm going to try.

Positive rep for the very methodical and technical approach to testing and updating this thread with findings!
This is probably normal. The second order vibration moves lower in the rev range as the 4 cylinder gets bigger. As the KA is a bigger engine this would make some sense. You can use an app like Vibrations! on your phone to determine the frequency of the vibration. If you have a vibration of ~70Hz at that RPM it's a second order vibration and your plan for the 5 series mounts would probably help.
canadians14sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote