View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 06:03 PM   #1653
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
15” rims offer the cheapest and best options. You can run 16” but your selection narrows and tires become more expensive. I have Z32 TT rears with 255/60/16 ET Street SS tires waiting to go on. Prior to that, I ran BFG Comp drag radials in the same size. Without heat in them, I would spin through 2nd. Heat them up and I’d get solid traction in second with little spin. Mind you, this was on the street. The drag strip was a different story.

You also have to consider your FD ratio and the track you’re running at. 1/8 and 1/4 miles have completely different setups. A taller tire will change your effective ratio and could push you to shift extra in the 1/4. If you already have a lower numerical ratio, you’ll want a smaller tire unless you’re making big power.