View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #2396
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicBastard View Post
At the autocross the star specs (UTQG 200) always get Rave reviews, but the widest they make in a 17 is 265. I fell in love with the Hankook RS3s (UTQG 140)I had on my miata but they only make 255s in a 17. The RS3s are about as sticky as you can get outside an Rcomp.

If you're really serious about street traction, you may have to chunk down the cash for Toyo RA1s, and then drive like a hoon to warm them up before asking anything serious of them on the street. I consider them an Rcomp (UTQG 100), and they come in pretty much any size you'd want, but you're not getting out for less than $200/tire
i was figuring somewhere in the $180-$240/Tire for the rear. I just want to be happy with my choice, i don't want something i have to build a TON of heat into before they are any good. I had a 225/55/15 BFG Drag Radial and those and NO SLIP on the street, but clearly in the corning area they sucked. So i'm hoping by going to a 275/40 from a 225/55 i should keep atleast the same traction.