View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #102
BenRice
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
BenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura aboutBenRice has a spectacular aura about
My 17yo cousin had this stereotypical mindset you all talk of, and to your credit you listen better than he does. At least you don't have grand expectations on the cheap parts, you know they will need replacing and arent expecting it to handle amazingly.

I've driven some utter bags of shit when tutoring, some with good quality parts, some with crap. A lot of it is in how it is all set up. The better quality (PBM, Tein, etc) drove much better when set up properly, whereas the crap stuff (XYZ, D2) handled "sufficently" to learn in but still not as well the quality stuff. I guess what i'm saying is expect to spend time getting the settings right and dont be surprised at gear failures.

On the flip side and speaking from experience i have had cheap chinese-made camber and toe arms in the rear of my car for the past 4 years with no issues (incl 20+ days of HARD track drifting). Full coils are another matter though, i've seen way too many cheap brands snap struts.

What is your inspiration for the build? When i say that i dont mean what you want to make it look exactly like, but what you think looks good in an S13/240. I think if you've got the right influences as well as the means to make what you want happen then it will turn out good in the end.
BenRice is offline   Reply With Quote