View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 01:12 AM   #69
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
The cams in the SR were looking a bit worse for wear, not sure what this means for the overall health of the engine, but I figured I'd swap them out with some DE cams I have been hoarding just for shits. Rockers were also pretty jacked so those came out and I threw a spare set in after re-bleeding the lifters. One of the cam bolt washers decided to take a vacation to the oil pan, but thankfully it made it all the way and was just chillin on the upper windage tray!

Swapped in the 740cc injectors, replaced the lower intake seals, fuel system was ready to rock. Also found a Subaru OEM hose that consists of 2 90* bends that could be cut and fits the intake PCV perfectly!

Finally got a chance to roll the car out into the sun, overall pretty happy with the paint for my first ever attempt. Some lessons were learned and its not prefect, but it'll do just fine for now.

Original crank damper was cracked and chipped to hell, wasn't going to leave it to fall apart. With a fresh OEM damper from the man Juan at Bardabe Performance the engine was ready to drop in!

Picked up a band saw, made a few cuts and bend the pickup a bit to get the intake mocked up, still needs some adjusting before it gets welded up, but having a full 3in intake should sound awesome and provide the best overall response.

And finally, with the help of some friends, the engine found its way into the bay. Super excited to finish up a bit of wiring and running some hoses so I can crank it over and see it it starts. This is still an engine that was found sitting and has questionable history, but lets hope for the best.