View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #113
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence View Post
You just gave 2 examples of social confinements that originate from religious beliefs. Again, ethics and morals should be created through logic and rational discussion. Like how it's illegal to own slaves, women have equal rights, segregation is illegal, you can worship whatever crazy shit you want, ect.. I don't know where you are getting this assumption that ALL atheists are 3rd world dictators. It is quite the contrary to my experience.
How are either of the examples I gave religious? Do you not know anything of WHY religious doctrines are formed the way they are and how they are a reflection of society more than anything.

Women's rights are born from child birthing and reproductive protection. You "have" to get married not because of magic words that people in ancient times are two stupid not to believe in, but because thousands of years ago ancient people realized when you have sex with a girl "which is fun" she gets pregnant. When she gets pregnant... she can't hunt, farm or defend her self. She also can't hunt, farm or defend her self when she has to watch over a child for 10-12 years.

So why should her parents... or village or all of us suffer and have to carry her dead weight cuz "you" had fun.... no... you want to have sex... your taking responsibility for that shit. And your response is... "if I'm taking responsibility for that shit... then that damn well better be my fucking kid!" So now your telling her to stay in the cave and are picking fights with anyone that talks to her.

There is your logic, rational and reasoning. No mystical mumbo-jumbo.

As far as slavery goes... hmmm. What does that have to do with religion? You can't even argue a "Racial" component to that since the people have enslaved their own race for eons.

Unity will divide, Division will unite. Remember that, because people will always find reasons to be "Different". Race, Country, Language, region, School, favorite color... Christians can't even agree on one doctrine, so why would "atheists" be able to agree on one set of values and cultural ways?

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence View Post
I don't know where you are getting this assumption that ALL atheists are 3rd world dictators. It is quite the contrary to my experience.
Your experience? Examples please. The only one I can think of is marxism which has pretty much proven out to be the biggest scourge of mankind ever. The latest estimates is that Marxism killed 94 million people last century.

The Crusades, which you atheists love to bring up... caused a mere 1-3 million deaths over the course of 250 years. It was also more of a reflection of Europe's solution for dealing internal riffs, over population and the problems revolving around feudalism and transfer of wealth then it was about religious discourse.

The crusades also opened up the Western world to the rest of the world as far as trade and future expansion.

Religion is the excuse, not the cause of problems.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote