View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #76
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy2die View Post
Regarding the addictive properties, there really isnt anything to get you addicted in the marijuana. Its more of a psychological thing i think.
That is exactly my point. Nicotine is what addicts people to tobacco products. Marijuana is all about the "high". I could be wrong but I believe nicotine is considered a physical addiction. The body NEEDS nicotine to function at this point. Marijuana just has the feeling that these people still "crave". How do you determine when somebody is no longer psychologically addicted? Nicotine you can ween the body off the substance. How do you ween the body off of being "high"? Psychological addictions like physical addictions are no joke and are seriously hard to break.

Quote:
If you wanted to stop smoking pot, you can. Plain and simple. I have quit before, its not hard. IMO, its in the persons head that thinks its addictive.
This statement is very false. It is definitely NOT cut and dry. What works for one does not work for all. And it is incredibly hard to break ANY addiction. And its not all a psychological addiction as I stated before.

Quote:
If I wanted to stop smoking right now, I could. I wont start itching like im a crackhead and stealing from people so I could go buy pot...lol
Lastly I am no doctor or psychotherapist but to me you sound like an addict. Again I'm not saying this for confrontation but to prove a point. How many people do you know who say "oh if I wanted to I could stop doing ______ right now." I'm not saying your addicted to the point of stealing or murder but to deny your addiction is just continuing the cycle (ie. You've "quit" before).