View Single Post
Old 12-15-2023, 11:21 AM   #891
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
yeah, compassion is what you call when you cant work to feed your family and risk job loss if not injected with an experimental substance that has its own life threatening risks that no one wants to accept liability for and is being pushed by politicians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
The lack of compassion was when peoples lives were leveraged against the income of some big pharma company and all those who in political power to ensure it's mandatory.
I should have been more clear, I'm talking about before the inflation, stimulus, vaccine, and even the "2 week" shutdown. People were unwilling to exercise an ounce of caution, knowing a virus was rapidly spreading.

If you're upset about the way the democrats dealt with the mess they were handed, you should be more upset that the republicans didn't nip it in the bud. They had the warning and the opportunity to control it, but instead they hesitated, pandering to the anti-science community and playing election games instead of taking any decisive action.

Quote:
We can cure a deadly disease on the fly but we can't cure things when given decades and infinite money for things like cancer or a disease that just killed my father-in-law [ALS].
C-A-P-I-T-A-L-I-S-M. It hurts the economy if mass amounts of people are too sick (with covid) and unable to work/shop/pay taxes, but it's good for the economy if a percentage of the population keeps feeding the healthcare system with their life savings and gofundme donations and wind up with a massive amount of debt that their children then get to deal with. What a happy system! (queue commie comments)

Quote:
I get angry every time I see this thread pop up and it's to no fault of anyone. I just hate the whole fucking situation, how it came to be, how it has been handled, and the 'new world' post-COVID.
I think everyone feels the same. You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone with half a braincell who thinks the whole situation was handled adequately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
These people are morally corrupt and deserve hell.

But those people deserve hell too...
A bit holier-than-thou are we? I sure wish I had 100% belief in my ideals the same way you do. Must be such a blissfully ignorant existence ��

Quote:
Imagine when something else 'happens' and the magnitude it'll have. It will happen in our lifetimes - most likely in the next decade.
I'm with you there. We failed the practice run. What did we learn from it? That we'll be fucked the next time around. What are we doing about it? Ab-so-lutely NOTHING.