View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #144
MrChow
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
MrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant futureMrChow has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to MrChow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Whatever Brian.
Dont know what your constant attitude is about.

Not true at all.
I am at full lock quite a bit.
Its usually how i know its time to transition, lift off the gas or put the clutch in before i spin out.
I rarely hit full lock at initiation, but always hit it as i go through the course.( KA doesnt really have enough HP to hit full lock on inititation and to hold proper line on the rest of the course. You will scrub to much speed)
I actually was talked out of getting the knuckles before my coils by Jeff Abott about 2 years ago because i was at lock so much i was looking for a way around it.

Knuckles would help with being able to get a little more angle without binding up.
so things like trying to hold onto a drift a little longer before transition would be made easier.
it would also work as a great safety net in case you got to steep of an angle, you would have a little more left to catch yourself with.
They are also great for chasing in tandem, you can adjust your angle to get under the lead car AND stay on throttle.

Every time I am barely tapping a wall, i end up at full lock.
It was just saying that its hard to drag yourself out of full lock with a KA.
You end up having to manji a lot further out in the opposite direction to get your sped back up.

so trying to hold long drifts at full lock on knuckles with low HP will be extremely difficult.
But if you are going to be at full knuckle lock for a couple seconds here and there, then they should actually be realy nice.
^^ what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
I'm friends with **Drop Important Name Here** and he said S13's are better because of **drop stupid reasoning here**....

Honestly everything has to do with set up, track, and most of all, driver skill. Drifting is a lot more driver than any other car motor sport. That is why you see guys with SR's and coils getting rolled by good drivers with welded's and SOHC's.

SEAT TIME SEAT TIME SEAT TIME
Yeah it's all about Seat Time. I don't have enough still.. =|
"It's stiff and hurts my livers! I'M A HANDLING GOD!"
WTT: 2 way for 1.5 way LSD
MrChow is offline   Reply With Quote