View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 02:48 PM   #322
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by disrespect
This is so cool!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14Gio View Post
This thing is so awesome man. That drop vent is so rad. Stoked to see this unit back driving! How you liking that 100 series?
Thank you! Love the 100. Been in the family since it was new. 265k and still on the original motor and drivetrain ��

After a long, arduous journey through the DMV system I finally got the car off PNO and some fresh tags.

And took the car for its first legal street drive since doing the k swap. I can't imagine how brutal it would have been driving on the freeway with the 4.08. Even with the 3.5 I was nearly at 4k doing 60mph.

I entered a comp last Sunday. I wasn't able to get an alignment in time so I kinda eyeballed it at home, then tweaked it accordingly at the track. I kept having weird balance issues where the car wouldn't break loose or would nearly spin. After playing with tire pressure, I ended up switching to a different set of wheels that had new ss595's instead of rsr's and it made a world of difference. (American flags were part of my costume GO USA GO!)

After going in and out of the pits making adjustments I finally got the car dialed in and put down some solid runs, but it was too little too late and I wasn't able to make it into the big show ��

After the comp it was time for fun runs and I started to get really comfortable with the car. Putting the 3.5 in was the best decision. It feels comparable to running the sr with a 4.6, but now I have the rpm range to really make the short gearing work.

Last edited by deolio; 11-07-2023 at 01:00 PM..
deolio is offline   Reply With Quote