Thread: Na Ka Faq
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 11:11 PM   #295
Coodsie

Trader Rating: (0)
Coodsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Not really sure where to post and dont want to get yelled at for being a idiot and not searching, but here goes!

So im looking into buying a blown ka (spun rod bearing, head gasket etc) and rebuilding it for myself one day. i have a few questions i have tried to find the answers to but cannot.

1. I know the short way to write it , EVG or what ever. But what are all the componets needed to pass CA smog. i want to rebuild a reliable and smog legal engine, in my area i've seen a few smog checkpoints and i just dont want to deal with the hassle of RB/SR/Built KA. (not really one for power) dual cam.
2. Would after market Rods and pistons effect SMOG? i would like it just to be strong and built to maybe one day handle power, but this is for the long run.
3.i was reading somewhere that people do a cam swap, 248/232. are those after market cams, or stock cams? cant really find anything on those either.

i probably have a lot more questions, but none i can think of right now. if anyone has any info i would really appreciate it. or links you can call me a noob i dont really mind, i am anyways. thank you!
Coodsie is offline   Reply With Quote