View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 12:58 PM   #57
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JZ_S14 View Post
Love the build! I just started mine again after many years, and feeling it move under it's own power again was an amazing feeling.

I am interested in the cooler/A/C setup details though. Did you have to order a customer radiator, or did you just get one of their dual pass SBC radiators and modify the fill point? Your welding skills definitely give you a leg up there.

As for the A/C setup, I know you said you don't remember the condenser, but did you have to add your own drier/accumulator in the system or was it built into your condenser? If so, where did you end up adding that? Assuming you just used the Aristo compressor with the factory 240 pressure sensor?
Yes it's a custom sized radiator. Be sure you order the coolant necks in the size you want (1.25, 1.375 etc.) If you look back through some of the earlier posts in the thread I think I spec'd out the overall size. you could make it a tad wider if you didn't care to do a back door intercooler. The condenser is pretty much the same size as the rad including the integrated dryer. The factory pressure switch can be seen in my last post where I welded on the little block piece just behind the intercooler on the driver's side. The compressor is from an IS300 but they are all pretty much the same on JZ's. Some had a more square connector and some had a triangular shaped connector. Hope this helps