Thread: Brian's s14
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 11:11 AM   #13
bjreynolds202

Trader Rating: (0)
bjreynolds202 is a well-known jackass
SPL Arms Installed

I got the SPL arms installed, and got the car aligned the weekend after. It was really out of whack. Driving just 7 miles was nerve racking. Definitely get the car aligned even if you measure the arms to match the stock ones.

20+ years of lacking rubber:

SPL Traction Rods:

SPL RUCAS:

SPL Toe Arms:

SPL Traction Arms Installed:

SPL RUCAS Installed:

All of the arms installed:

Installation was easy, unbolt the two bolts for each arm, take the arm out, measure the new one against stock, put the arm back in, put in the 2 bolts and torque down. And don't drive it until your get an alignment!!

Here is what my alignment looked like beforehand and after. The front's need some work but I have yet to get the SPL Tension rods yet so I will worry about that later.

Driving impressions:
Feels great, got rid of whatever squeaking I had and bounciness the ride had before hand. The rear feels a lot tighter and less spongy and floaty. The front feels mushy in comparison now when it used to be the opposite. Haven't driven the car hard enough to get any better impressions, but its definitely better just to have something that's not that ancient lack of rubber. If anything my ride feels more comfortable and less annoying. No increase of noise yet. I love them so far.

While I was working down there it made me realize how badly I need to upgrade these brakes, and also how heavy those anniversary wheels are!