View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 05:42 PM   #18
bjreynolds202

Trader Rating: (0)
bjreynolds202 is a well-known jackass
s14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Bruckshot View Post
This is a great build you are taking your time and doing it right. What are your plans for the engine? Your S chassis is extremely clean
The engine was rebuilt maybe 10-13k miles ago, so it's reliable for a N/A Engine. There is a lot of age that needs updating before throwing any kind of power at this thing. I've got to get the brakes upgraded all around since those 350z wheels are heavy in combination with the stocks sorely lacking much potential at the track. The springs/shocks probably aren't the best for the car and I'd like to upgrade to really nice coil overs in the future. As I've gone through with the SPL arms, all the rubber in this car is sorely lacking in any kind of confidence. So with that said, brakes and suspension need to be solid for me to look into any power mods.

To actually answer your question and sadly inform you that you wont see any power mods anytime soon though, I would eventually love to go with the KA24DER setup if I can ever piece together the kit. I plan on getting this car to autocross events and sparingly take it to the track as well. The instant and reliable throttle response of that setup would be great for me, especially for taking it around in my 35-45 limit zones around my house on the weekends. The whole point of this car is to have reliable, controlled mostly legal fun.
With that setup I know that heat management is gonna be a tough spot and I've got some thinking to do there before committing to that idea.

I could go with a basic t28 setup done with quality parts and proper tuning once again for the quicker response and minimal lag. I have no interest in massive power surges and making my engine explode.

Also, a ls3 swap would be great if there was any real financial reason to do so, which there will never be so I'll cut that short.

I don't have any track experience, so it'd difficult to pick an engine route since I dont know what I enjoy, event wise. Once I know that, I need to get the most out of the car as it is power wise, and only then will I be able to reliably (in my self) be willing to add significant power.

TL/DR: For the next long while, focusing on prepping the rest of the car (brakes / suspension) to reliably handle the power. KA24DER if kit can be sourced and heat management solved. If not then proper t28 setup.