View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 07:24 PM   #129
s13coupedrfter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
s13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond reputes13coupedrfter has a reputation beyond repute
My battle with blow-by has been won with my victory! If you look on page #2 post #42 you will see my old set-up with the catch can. That was a vacume style set-up. I added that due to oil being sucked into the intake track and blowing spy hunter smoke out the tail pipe during high RPM driving. After I added the can I was still getting blow-by.

rb25det have a restrictor plug to reduce vacume which I had left out, thats why I was still getting blow-by even with a catch can (oil was being literally sucked out the head and overflowed the catch can). I then had a buddy machine out a plug with a 1/8th hole drilled in the center to reduce vacume. Poof I was still getting blow-by...fuck! Finally I realized there was another line on the intake side valve cover that goes directly to the intake manifold. Upon inspection there was no oil residue inside the line but with no restictor it doesnt help my situation.

After looking in HyperRev mag for gts-t Skylines I finally decided on a breather style set-up. There are many examples of breather set-up's in that mag and seems to be the set-up of choice. I will pull no vacume but any +/-pressure in the case will now be vented out through the filter on the can. The can I am using is a modified Circuit Sports can with a pipe welded on top for a breather filter.

As for the line on the intake side valve cover I had a plate welded in place to seal it off. The port on the manifold is plugged as well.

For the finished result this is a effective breather set-up, not only does it clean up the engine bay but it also keeps the intake track oil free.

Those red top 550cc injectors sure look good hehe.
s13coupedrfter is offline   Reply With Quote