View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 11:50 AM   #66
DRFT180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash n' burn View Post
The only reservation I have is the gap between the downpipe and the floor pan, less than a 1/4" at most. There is no heat shield since that was part of the stock KA down pipe. I didn't get a real good look while tightening up the exhaust but I may have to come up with some heat protection so I don't roast my feet and destroy the undercoating from heat. Shouldn't be critical now that I'm living in such a dry climate; brake rotors still have no surface rust after being on the car for close to 6 months.

I really don't want to wrap the downpipe either, especially since that means pulling it back out
DEI's tunnel heat shield has worked real well for me. I've lined my trans tunnel and above the exhaust when it turns under the car. Keeps my feet from burning while lapping at a track day.

http://designengineering.com/floor-t...e-heat-shield/

S14 Build
DRFT180 is offline   Reply With Quote