View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 02:08 PM   #87
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Mine if I ask what adapter kit you're going with? Just stay away from the Autosports Engineering kit, people have had many problems with them.
I'm ballin' on a budget over here. While I'd love to go with the Fisch or Serial9 kit...I legitimately could not justify spending twice as much as the motor on a transmission setup..that's absurd IMO and you can find a built R154 for half that.

I did go with the AE kit; but the few problems you're referring to have been with their no-cut and early production kits from what I've read. Even with those issues, I don't believe they account for more than 1% failure..which is pretty acceptable rate by any industry standard. My buddy brought up this point as well. I asked him if he was referencing a certain individual from YouTube concerning the kit, it was, which also constitutes 95% of the time it comes up with almost no additional facts or threads discussing issues. He went and spend the money on a serial 9 kit, with their shifter, and a tilton clutch/slave setup. Hes making roughly x3 the power and its a dedicated track car...much different situation than my coupe.

Is it a slight risk? Yep. Have I done ample amounts of research concerning it? Absolutely. Will you find out here? You betcha.