Thread: Sr20det FAQ
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 04:50 PM   #254
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
ultimateirving is an unknown quantity at this point
I been chasing a similar starting issue for a while. Completely random, and starter just clicks like it's trying to turn. This weekend I found a ground that had loads of corrosion between it and the chassis. It's right under the fuse box on the passenger side. Black wire with yellow stripe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Anyone else in here have an S14 SR in their S13? I'm taking a long period of leave in January to sort out some things. In the meantime, any suggestions with the problems I'm having would help to point me in the right direction. I've got two issues:

1.) When I'm cruising on the highway to work I'm close to 4000RPM @ ~64MPH. My mileage is off on my cluster but I know that my car has the correct speed sensor. The previous owner told me that he didn't mess with the final drive but I'm left wondering why my RPM is so high when I'm barely keeping up with the flow of traffic.

2.) Since I've owned the car (it's been over a year now) I've experienced issues with starting the car twice. There are no common denominators and I'm pretty stumped. I'll go somewhere to run errands, come back, and the car just won't turn over. It gets power and everything comes on but the starter won't even notice I'm trying to start the fucking thing. It happened to me again today before the gym. I made a stop nearby, was in and out in 15min, and when I came back out I got nothing. I was near the gym so I locked up and walked over. Worked out for a little over an hour and came back. Everything started up like normal.

I suppose I've been putting this shit off because I know I'm leaving for Japan soon and the car is just gonna sit. I realized I'd like to straighten it out before the car goes into deep-sleep.