Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 10:56 PM   #679
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
I picked up a KBD NaVaN bumper some time ago, perhaps it’s was last year, who knows at this point. Anyway, I always wanted to add a lip to it. I really liked the Magic Aero lip, unfortunately, Paul is no longer making components do to health reasons. There are a few variations out there of lips, but only a few look right to me. I stumbled across the First Molding Flugelhorn Plate lip awhile back, but I always hesitated because the pictures online sucked and they weren’t exactly cheap to land stateside.

Long story short, I contact Alex Chang and he imported a few of the lips for various versions of the S-chassis. The lip showed up roughly 6-7mons after he placed the order. We were expecting Feb-May the following year. At any rate, it is here and it is beautiful.

I finally cut the hole for the BOV and refit all of my piping. This will allow me to lay out the additional sensors, wiring and new -10 hose for the catch can, oil cooler and filter relocation, and various other components. I was ordering fittings from Summit, but I found a local vendor (ppcfittings.com) that will crimp lines for me there at no additional charge. So instead of assembling my own lines, I’ll be having them crimped for a more professional appearance.

I started running tubing for the wastegate solenoid and I had to retap my compressor cover.

I also have been working with a gentleman to have the ash tray pocket made into something more useful for me.

Next step is to get the fuel filter mounted under the car and install the new anodized fuel line brackets. I’ll finalize the fuel feed/return lines and focus on fitting all the other nonsense under the intake manifold, while leaving room to work on it all.

As always, more to come, but it may be a minute since the Holidays are 3weeks out.