View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 06:55 AM   #20
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrturboextreme View Post
Many of you will disagree with this but I honestly feel that the more time I spend thinking about how the government works and where it's headed I get very depressed. I also cant even watch the news anymore because of all the stupid crap they feed to the public, but this is just my opinion. I choose to just drink beer, work on my car and when that rare moment in life comes where a girl lets me sleep with her I take that opportunity.
Agreed. This topic is like ppl who worry about Illuminati... So what if its true? What are YOU prepared to do about it? Tear down the current system & incite anarchy? Good luck. The vast majority are to pacified to agree with that at all.

Worrying about this stuff brings no solace. And whoever said "$40k is stable income" is on some bullshit. That ain't no real money. What I try to do instead of fighting the current system is learn its rules to get ahead & provide a happier life for my small circle of influence. You gonna give yourself a heart attack worrying about this pointless shit.

Also, even though the govt places these expectations on its citizens, it provides a fair amount back in exchange. Roads & infrastructure, military defense, housing assistance, healthcare (albeit subpar) & more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchoz View Post
I don't think anyone can disagree that the politics in this country are headed anywhere but corrupt...
Agreed. But I think we can all agree, things could be far worse. Imagine living in any govt south of us or in Africa... Our politicians haven't parsed us off enough yet to overthrow anything.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote