View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 10:55 AM   #5
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
So from what I am seeing around my general area, folks which operated at close margins to begin with (Improv where Chapelle and several other famous comedians have performed over the years, various bars, restaurants, etc) have had to lay off up to 50% of their workforce

Wife and I are floating telework schedules because daycare is closed for the foreseeable future.

We are luckily in a decent position, but generally ALOT of people are not and it's very sad. Our local municipality has already signed off on an emergency fund to pay for those who have lost their jobs (I need to sift through the details and requirements) in addition to not evicting people if they are unable to pay next months rent (also need to look through the details).

This is only a tip of the iceberg in terms of economic impact. We won't see the true effects until atleast 1-2 months down the line

Stock Markets have already tripped several breakers. And on track for ANOTHER record loss. 2019 gains are gone. 2018 gains have just about evaporated. And 2017 gains are not far behind.

We are in uncharted territory
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote