View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 06:27 PM   #4
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
I added some refrigerant oil to the compressor, evaporator, condenser, and dryer.

I attempted to use the J30 low line. It didn't work. The compressor connection is directly in the way of the turbo intake snorkel. It's too short to reach from the firewall to the compressor. I tried to straighten out the bends to make the line reach further but ended up cracking the line. I also broke my throttle cable firewall grommet/bracket in the process. The J30 low line isn't worth wasting time on. The S14 low line is 9" too short. Must be lengthened to work.

S14 low line installed. I had to bend it slightly downward to clear the power steering pump. The pump adjustment bolt needed to be trimmed down 1" to clear the line.

9" too short

AC shop removed old rubber hose section and replaced with new longer hose.

Installed. See how the power steering pump adjustment bolt interfers with the line? I cut the bolt down 1".

The remaining AC system is all original S14 equipment with the exception of the condenser. It is a Rockauto replacement unit. The condenser is located in the original condenser brackets and a set of Flex-a-lite 432 pusher fans are mounted in front. The fan controller has a trigger wire routed to the AC compressor clutch power wire. The fans are on whenever the compressor clutch is on. I'm using a Wiring Specialties engine harness. It comes with the chassis plug correctly wired for AC. I spliced the AC compressor connector to the S14 harness. The J30 and S14 use a different connector.

Condenser mounted

FAL fans mounted
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote