Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #32
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
This is amazing so far! Subscribed for sure!
Thanks man! I'll keep it updated as much as possible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drftr915 View Post
I subscribed too, very beautiful worksmanship, pure art. I hope mine comes together like this.
Take your time and do things right the first time and they will. Thanks for the compliments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
JR, this thing looks like it's going to be a beast. I'll be looking forward to your updates.
Thanks man! I've been trolling in your build as well. Looks like it's going to be pretty nasty. Looking forward to updates as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Man, this looks awesome- great job! The pics of you sanding the bay made me cringe... I for sure do NOT miss that! I'm sure you don't either, haha.
You aren't kidding. I do not miss those days/evenings at all. I honestly never planned on taking a bay that far, but I had issues that needed to be fixed and well, it was one of those I've gone this far might as well go all the way. I'm happy with how it turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
im with you damon, i sure am glad all my paint and body work is LONG GONE. i think its the worst stage of any buildup. sure, the end result is absolutely worth it... but the stripping, scrubbing, welding, sanding, primering, sanding, masking, painting.... fuck... enough to make any sane person crazy.

and people wonder why these projects take so long. i tell people "thanks a lot fuck face... come down here in the trenches, turn some wrenches, and you'll understand."
I completely agree. Get your ass in the fucking bay and spend hours/days/weeks doing that shit and you'll understand what it takes.

Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out. Still have a bunch of work to do so I'll keep the thread updated. Thanks for the kind words gentleman.