Thread: Lap time thread
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 05:44 AM   #39
gills
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
gills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyiv View Post
I used to run the HP+ pads, predominately for the track, but there was to and from the track driving as well. They were effective with Powerslot rotors and a 135 WHP KA24DE full out on Big Willow and Streets.
They are certainly better than HPS, but I remain skeptical based on my own experience in 100's of track hours in my old endurance race car with a basic KA24DE. I used to get DTC-60/30 front/rear split on z32 brakes to suffer from poor pad transfer due to overheating and the car was only 2400lbs race weight.

They wouldn't fade, just pad depositing and cause bad pulsation/judder. Once I ducted the front they were ok, but the rear dtc-30 would still get overworked and smear all over the rotor. HT-10 in the rear fixed that and helped balance the brakes better too.

This all depends on skill level, track and level of commitment, obviously. Seeing that he has an LS swap, and how fast an LS13 can potentially be, HP+ are less than ideal if he wants deceleration performance/consistency to match his acceleration and speed potential.