View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 09:46 PM   #903
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
Anyone have info on this? Will a2 stainless do ors should i use something stronger?
Personally I would go with something stronger. Most wheel bolts are 10.9 equivalent or higher. A2 stainless is a good bit below that. I don't know what specific size Blitz uses but any serrated flange nut thats 10.9 rated or higher would be fine. If you use steel, just make sure its chrome plated or something to withstand weathering. If your deadset on stainless, I would at least go with an A4 at minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftingBrandon View Post
Anyone here have any experience with flipp faces on three piece wheels? Looking at maybe picking up a pair of equip 05 with low disk and ofc flip the faces. What size stock barrels are most common on equip 05s? I'm thinking low disk 6" barrel would be perfect. Medium disk 5.5" barrel
If your intention is to spin the face around and run the barrel as the lip, I'd be careful. There's a dip in the barrel on all reverse lip wheels which would look a bit weird like a faux step lip. Equips can be sandwiched mounted so its really only aesthetic but my old VSXXs couldnt even fit in the barrel due to this cavity being substantially smaller than the face diameter. Most flipping faces that I've seen is reserved for step lipped wheels which don't have that dip. But if your cool with the look, go for it.

To answer your question, nearly every Work barrel I've had has been 6.5" so I'd assume that is the most common. I've also had a couple 7" but I've never had a 5.5" barrel although I know they exist.