View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #138
mehsilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
mehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfectionmehsilvia is close to perfection
Heat, pull, hammer - you are still gonna have to fill and sand the fuck out of it.

Body work is no joke. Ive got a stud welder, body hammers, an in-line air sander, and a DA sander just for stuff like that. All purchased way back when i was restoring a Ranchero.

Even with all that equipment, there will still be imperfections that you will need to use filler on, and sand down. And id suggest the Evercoat products for that.

Not trying to deter you, but ya need to know its alot of fucking work.

First thing is to strip the entire area down to the bare metal. And you will want to make sure you take care of the body work rather quickly so that no rust sets in. Oh, and thats also why i purchased POR-15 marine clean and metal ready cleaners. To make sure the bare metal is preped perfectly for primer/paint.

DO wish you were local, id let you have at all my equipment.