View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 06:06 AM   #93
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
The point you're making here is kinda presumptuous. Little to no people here (on this whole forum, bustling with activity) are stating that a bone stock S13 is the definition of proper. Those of us who tout the whole "right, good, proper" are just not interested in our cars sounding like the local trailer park king's Z28 with an exhaust leak. As a wise man once said, "Because all of that stuff is boring anyway".

At my local drift events (50-60 drivers, typically) I am one of maybe two regularly-attending SR cars. The rest is all literally VQ's and LS's. Ya know, the more modern, more power-efficient engines. I love the people I drive with but man that shit is boring as alllll hell.
I've built - and I mean built - SR's to take the abuse and they just never do. I've done every which combination and was never competitive AND reliable. Sometimes it would be one more than the other but never both. I then said heck, these are getting way too expensive, I'll try to be Aussie and build a RB. Wrong. I always find myself getting pulled to the V8 [even if boring, it's what is built for that abuse off the bat]. If I ever had a Silvia or Cefiro or something, sure. I'll probably keep the SR in it... until it blows up.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote