View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 03:29 PM   #31
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
doridoridori is an unknown quantity at this point
I did check my idle and it was around 1k before so i had adjusted it to about 820ish, I warmed up the engine and used NDS to set it in timing mode (wish i had it sooner). It did settle the idle and I was able to get it to sit still and set the timing and when it's at 15deg it isn't 100% full advance but its very close to it. I flipped the timing gun pickup the other way and upside down to see if there were any changes in the reading but there weren't. I will say when i used the pickup on the timing loop in the back it changed but it put the CAS more retard and it ran worse so I put it back how it was before (closer to the advanced side).

I spoke with a lot of ppl and one person told me on rare occasion he has seen some SR CAS's sit that far advance to hit 15*deg.

I sprayed looking for vac leaks (but the engine was out a few months ago and i replaced every line and all new clamps and hoses so I had no vac leaks. Either this is one of those rare occasions or i don't know.

The mechanical timing is on, at TDC (3/8 extention in spark plug hole #1 at it's highest point), valve cover off stabbed CAS I can visually see it, counted the links from cam gear to cam gear, lobes facing outwards i don't know what else to really do but as it sits it runs fine.