Old 10-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #11
sr20sean
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
sr20sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to sr20sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyRat View Post
Please tell her to put the clip all the way in, other wise she just has a really expensive brick. I personally believe that a gun w/o a round in the chamber is useless. I she has reservations about carrying it loaded, tell her to have a blank in the chamber, so at least she'll have a chance. I don't know if you are aware, but a man, with a knife, can cover 21' and inflict a critical wound in less time than it takes someone to draw their firearm, chamber a round, determine that something is a threat, and get a decent shot off.
As far as you go, listen to what Jordan said. Take it serious enough to keep you gaurd up, but don't let it control your life. I also noticed that you state that you are carrying a knife, be careful b/c that is considered carrying a concealed weapon, but as the saying goes 'I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6'. If you do carry a knife, carry a fixed blade, b/c if you don't have to unfold a knife, it will be one less thing to worry about if something really does happen. If possible try to get some basic training on close quarters fighting, b/c in most instances a knife is more effective than just about anything else. I say that b/c, if God forbid something does happen, its not like somebody is going to yell from across the street 'I'm coming over there to get you!', it will happen in an instant.
i agree here with the fixed blade. since you are over 18 it wouldnt be illegal to carry it on you as long as it is in its sheath. and definitely take some type of hand to hand combat classes cant hurt to be prepared
sr20sean is offline   Reply With Quote