View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 09:18 AM   #2
DEGUZZI
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
DEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to all

SEPTEMBER

This car has been within the family since ~2013, bone stock; my mom daily'd it, my dad daily'd it, and when my hatch became too unreliable, I started dailying it.

The coupe was down for a few years with coolant leaking issues prior to me taking over ownership of it. A hole had developed somewhere in the intake manifold where it rusted through, so it had to come out to find where exactly it was at.

While I had the manifold out, I decided to freshen things up with a FPR, new OEM injectors, O-rings, insulators, hoses, gaskets, thermostat, hoses, and hardware.

I also took the time to paint the intake manifold and fuel rail since I probably wouldn't have another chance at it.

To continue on returning it to daily-worthiness again, I swapped over almost all of my suspension from the hatch (tension rods, traction and toe arms, S14 knuckles, rotors, pads, 5-lug rear hubs, and wheels). I had some S14 FLCAs with fresh Moog ball joints and ES bushings that I put in instead of S13 FLCA

Got an alignment and the coupe was officially my new daily!

Continuing on the streak of refreshing things, I got my A/C converted and recharged, and got new spark plugs, O2 sensor, and dizzy cap and rotor.

OCTOBER

With the wider track from the S14 FLCA, I put on the Origin fenders I had in storage.

I had 255s fitted onto the rears that were rubbing, so it was time to widebody the car with the Origin Type 2 rear overfenders.

When I was happy with the fit-up, the cleco pins went on.

These overfenders had mediocre quality, so I tidied up the edges.

I found it best to cut the final arch on the outer panel, then stretch and shape the inner panel to the new outer lip. But if I had to do this again, I would weld the panels first, then cut the excess off the inner panel to minimize weld blowout.

I then painted the bare metal with etch primer and waterproofed the inside and out with seam sealer.

-------------

Last edited by DEGUZZI; 07-07-2021 at 06:10 PM..
DEGUZZI is offline   Reply With Quote