View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 09:19 AM   #3
DEGUZZI
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
DEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to all

JANUARY

The valve cover looked really out of place with a freshly painted intake manifold, so I bought a spare from something_offensive and painted it Toyota 219.

A new oil cap was expected and I picked up a P2M oil cap, along with replacing the valve cover and spark plug gaskets.

FEBRUARY

Since I went widebody, the factory wing was lacking the width to match the silhouette of the rear end. I bought a very clean 3rd brake light and a wingless deck lid on OfferUp to put on.

The decklid had one major low spot, but after separating the skin from the skeleton and redoing the glue, it straightened out quite nicely.

MARCH

My gf talked a lot of shit with widebody cars lacking a proper fuel door, so of course I had to make my own. The one that comes with the kit was absolutely disgusting, so if you want it done right, you gotta do it yourself.

The shape was particularly tricky considering where the body line sits, but in the end it was managable. At this point however, it wasn't fully mounted and usable, and the worst has yet to come.

MAY

I picked up some GKTech rear arms to finally have a matching set of arms, but they were a little boring for my taste...

The color is simply a red pearl toner, sprayed over black and faded, then marbled. This was a technique I've always wanted to try and finally had something to do it on.

They replaced my PBM and Cusco arms that would go back into my hatch.

JUNE

Was never much of a fan of the chuki front, so I finally changed the bumper to AIT. Surprisingly fit great, and I just needed to extend the bits that wrapped behind the fenders.

The rest of the car needed to match the new silhouette, and I could finally put on the G-Grow style valance I got from Driven08; the fit of this piece is phenomenal!

Car had full aero for the first time!

While I was still in the marbled paint craze, I painted the shifter bezel as well.

-------------