View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 04:12 PM   #9
DEGUZZI
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
DEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to all
2021 - The honeymoon phase

MAY

First thing to address with the car back was the leaking PS pump. I had a spare in storage and also swapped in the Pro Shop Noble hose.

While I was at it, I finally cleaned up the engine bay from being in the shop for so long, lol

As much as I love the HKS Hi-Power, it's the lowest part of the car, and all the speed bumps at work got back at me:

Thankfully I also have a spare exhaust and that was a quick swap! The drive back home with no muffler was AWFUL!

Polished the exhaust a bit, and decided to rinse the car with it.

Obligatory May 13 pictures:

Finally, it was time for a REAL wash! I heard good things about ONR, so I tried it out.

Basically you pour an ounce of the concentrate into 2 gallons of (distilled) water for the solution, and drop your sponge in it.

Soap the car, then immediately dry it off with a top quality microfiber towel, and that's it!

JUNE

It was finally time to get my butt into gear and drop some big bucks on restoring my AC.

For my AC compressor, I was recommended a place by my AC shop, and opted to check them out before dropping $400 on Rock Auto.

Over the phone they quoted me $180 to refurbish my compressor--not bad!

I decided to swing by to show them my compressor and they were like... "You are very, very lucky: I have only one, and it's brand new! I'll sell it to you for $200"

BRUH. WHAT??

I installed my new compressor, and the next day I went back to the AC shop for a new condenser and custom lines to accommodate it... I got quoted for $950--no thanks, lol.

They did suggest I find a universal condenser online that fits (they didn't have one with the right dimensions on hand), and install it myself. That way, they only have to do the lines for a cheaper price.

So if anyone has a condenser recommendation, let me know!

I finally went to my first car meet with it, but I got there too late and there was no more parking. A buddy that tagged along got a pretty sweet rolling shot though:

It was time to suck it up, and permanently mount the overfenders. Installing rivets were pretty nerve-wracking, but at least it's finally over.

My order from restomodninja also arrived: vanity plates and a fuel door label

Trying to get that Gran Turismo showroom look

I haven't mentioned much of it, but I finally got my lighting "finished". I have dual projectors, yet I really was only using one pair as my headlights.

For the unused pair, I bought some white "demon eyes" to use as DRLs. My turn singals are switchback and my corner lights will flash accordingly.

It finally looks like a Silvia at night:

I also ordered some components for a DRL circuit I have planned that will use the factory fog light switch (expect a write-up for that)

Now we're all caught up; see you in the next update!

-------------

Last edited by DEGUZZI; 08-23-2021 at 06:07 PM..
DEGUZZI is offline   Reply With Quote