View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 10:14 AM   #18
DEGUZZI
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
DEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to all

JULY

I'm not sure what took me so long to get these painted, but I finally bought some more clear and finished painting my B-pillar plastic and rear finish panel.

At first, I missed the red, but the completed black rear end is growing on me--just patiently waiting on my Silvia emblems from RestoModNinja.

But with the freshly painted B-pillar trim, I DEFINITELY need to freshen up my weatherstrips, lmao. So there goes another $600+

Driving to Final Bout this year in my coupe was something I really wanted to accomplish, as well. I was hoping to have A/C, but that did not go to plan.

I changed all my fluids, nut and bolt checks, bled my coolant, and of course a wash.

I MADE IT! It was hell driving in that heat for 2 hours, but lots of water and a change of shirts got me through it lol

Had no idea the event was gonna end so late into the night, but I was fortunate to have friends to make the drive back with at 2 in the morning.

The more I've been looking at my car, the more I realize I need my aero back on. Better I spend money on paint materials rather than smaller wheels to match the temporary stock look I have going on right now.

The first order of business would be my side skirts.

My set of Type X skirts are in pretty solid condition. Passenger side is 8.5/10, and driver side extension is in great condition. The main driver side piece, however, was beat up.

When I first got them, it was absolutely unmountable. I had a lot of heating, and quenching to get it into shape, and keep it into shape.

Despite it being silver, it was pretty unnoticable until you actually LOOKED at it.

Most of the repair was straight forward, but fixing the top edge will be pretty tough; it'd almost be easier to section it in its entirety.

Ultimately, I'm gonna be getting Dorki Dori's Type X skirts for the single reason that it is one piece. With that in mind, I'm not trying to get this particularly job perfect--just better.

I have plans to change the bumper as well, but maybe for now I'll wait for Dorki Dori's lip for the aero bumpers.

-------------