View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 12:44 PM   #33
LovetoSlide
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
LovetoSlide is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to LovetoSlide
Man all these suggestions but none coming from someone who actually uses the trans......I bought a brand new OS giken twin plate, brand new cd009 when everything was swapped in. using maverick's adapter plate where the bellhousing was trimmed to fit.

The noise is super obvious on decel and it sounds like a fighter jet....before the old mounts (they were either stock or nismo) it would sound like a freight train coming off it's rails....now after my mech switched it to solid mounts....the noise is bearable at the most but still apparent.

I notice the noise goes away a lot when you muzzle the shifter....I want to say that's the best we can do at this point is just get a shit load of sound deadening in the area.

My buddy has the same set-up and gets the same sounds......the car feels and shifts great, grabs so hard that v8 stang, STI's are child's play. even my friend's s14 with 300+ versus my stock turbo set-up could only pull away from me by inches.

It sounds awful but it's definitely not mechanical, sounds like what loucal says about chassis rubs.